Fullstack Ruby on Rails Developer
Remote position - Fulltime - BYOC
We're Afrikrea, an African fashion, and craft marketplace. We help thousand fashion designers grow their sales through our platform. Our sellers earned more than 7 000 0000 € from customers in +100 countries to this day with our platform.
Our team of 12 people is 100% remote, young (average), diverse and experienced. Our truly global business is supported by a profitable company which raised over 1M € from experienced and renowned investors.
We're looking for Ruby on Rails Developers who want to join a 100% remote team.
You'll be working on great projects such as search algorithms, ML, a mobile app with turbolinks, Rails 6 migration and every aspect of a full-blown Marketplace. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small experienced and ambitious team in a fast-growing company.
So if you’re a developer wondering where you would have the maximum impact for your presence, read on!
You love working on hard problems. You are strong at both backend and frontend web development, though you may lean towards one end.
You are highly passionate about programming and write clean, maintainable code. You always strive to follow best practices, test, and document your code.
You can work in a structured and analytic way. You have positive outlook on new technologies and a driving force to adapt and learn new trends.
Last but not least, you are a team player. We highly value your social skills and capability for cooperation as we are working on a team level.
- At least 2 years experience in Ruby. Our platform is built with Ruby on Rails.
- Good web stack knowledge. We are using AWS, Docker, Postgresql, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- Show and demonstrate apps and services you built, with or without actual clients or users.
- Ability to introduce us to at least 2 references that can attest of your previous work experience.
- English mandatory, French appreciated (capacity or willingness to learn).
- Strong Elasticsearch experience.
- Machine Learning experience.
- Instagram, Facebook Messenger implementation experience.
- Turbolinks-enabled hybrid apps for iOS and/or Android experience.
- Advanced devops knowledge with Docker, Kubernetes experience.
How we work
Remotely. Work from your home or wherever. As long as you have a good and fast internet.
Iteratively. We do 2 weeks sprints, daily deploys (if not more), and timely code reviews to ship quickly and minimize bugs.
Collaboratively. Monthly AHOM, written weekly, quick biweekly video status meetings. Basecamp and Slack communication. Basecamp and Trello managed projects. We work as a team to help make our product better.
Flexibility. While we strive to stick to a plan we think is best for the company, we do actively incorporate experiment learnings and business feedback into our sprints. Mind flexibility is a must-have trait in our company culture.
Perks & Benefits
- Strong equity package.
- International health coverage included.
- 1 week meetup each year in a different city in Africa.
- Up to 100 € / month for your technical books purchase on Amazon and e-learning subscriptions.
- 100€ / month for your hardware purchase (cumulative. you can wait a year to buy the latest iPhone or 2 for a MacBook for example)
- Up to 50 € / month on your gym subscription.
- We pay for your Netflix account.
- The freedom to work remotely and organize your day, week as you see fit. No corporate office
How to apply?
Send us a detailed introduction mail in english or french, whatever rocks your boat, at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your GitHub account, your resume and let's talk right away!
We're Afrikrea. We truly embrace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic.
PDF version: ruby-on-rails-developer-at-afrikrea.pdf